The Value Plan is our Affordable Business Appraisal designed to give you a quick and low-cost method to value an operating business. It is intended for shareholders buying in or out of business, and for business owners who need a reliable, competent number.
Features in the Value Plan:
- Quick-Finished Report in 5-10 working days
- Low Cost-Starting at $3600
- Suitable for:
- Exit Planning
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Rough Estimate for Estate & Gift Planning
- Value Testing a Target company for possible Acquisition
Who We Are
Our team of Valuation experts, which includes 3 CPAs, has been producing accredited or certified business valuations for over 31 years for IRS reporting purposes, corporate stock option plans, employee stock ownership plans, M&A activities, divorce cases, partnership disputes, and transfers of intellectual property. Our seasoned professionals have the official credentials, education, and experience needed for such critical assignments. The extensive reports we produce for those purposes are typically 100‐150 pages long, they generally cost $8,000‐$25,000, and take weeks to prepare. You get the same experts creating your ValuePlan, just in a trimmed down format.
The Value Plan Alternative
The Value Plan is much like our big report, but with almost all the overhead eliminated. It uses the same valuation methods and relies on the same market data, but it’s stripped‐down, agile, flexible, and much less expensive to produce. It’s very brief and easy to read ‐ think of a speedboat next to an ocean liner.
When to Use Value Plan
- Buy‐Sell Agreements
- Share Pricing for New Investors
- Retiring Shareholders
- Exit Planning
- Estate and Gift Planning
- Value‐testing Acquisition Offers
- Testing Company Growth Plans
There are many benefits to a business owner, but the most important are:
- Thorough, broad‐spectrum analysis of value in 6‐10 pages.
- Ease of experimenting with different assumptions.
- Aid in identifying factors to increase value.
- Low cost with a quick turnaround‐ starting at $3,600.
How It Works
To do this, we need a certain amount of information about the business. The steps are:
- A Value Consultant will talk with you about what meets your needs and the information we need.
- We use financial statements and market data, and we run financial projections for the next five years, to get a measure of your company’s expected revenue, earnings, and cash flows.
- We run several valuation methods and pick the best ones for your specific situation and industry.
- Our team then sends you a draft report by email.
- You and your advisors can review the analysis, and we can discuss the results. You may have changes or additional information.
Note: If you use the Value Plan but subsequently need a full‐scale report, we will apply up to half of the Value Plan cost to the formal report depending on the situation and the age of the data.
When Not to Use Value Plan
The Value Plan may not be the best choice in some situations. Agencies like the IRS, SEC, DOL, and some courts will require a full‐scale formal business valuation report. However, there are exceptions that we are happy to discuss.
Ready to get started on knowing your company’s intrinsic value? Want to see an example ValuePlan Business Valuation? Please call 561-325-9777 or use our contact form to see how a Value Plan can meet your immediate valuation needs!